Quote:
And, to gratuitously summarize the whole other thread, there are Apple chargers and there are standard chargers. Random third party chargers often follow the Apple non-standard. A handful follow the proper standard. Make sure you get proper standard chargers.

Yeah, that's why I made a new thread instead of getting through that one. I read that one and wasn't sure what folks were talking about. I also had some additional areas I was confused about. Thanks for summarizing this. I would imagine, though, if the Apple charger has any chance of doing this to another phone, it would be a huge problem to make them differently like this, wouldn't it?

Does anyone think the linked charger in my first post would be a problem?

Originally Posted By: DWallach
I'll add one thing, relative to our earlier discussion: I have a variety of USB cables around the house. Some from old phones. Some retractable. With the crappy ones, you plug them in and you never know what will happen. Sometimes the phone just flat out crashes. Suffice to say that the Galaxy Nexus is sensitive to crappy cables. Don't use with a crappy cable.

I'd be happy to follow that advice, but it's hard to know what's a crappy cable. In my experience, Monoprice is pretty trustworthy with their products. Should they not be used with the GN? I don't know...

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Matt, I can only see one kind of fully-featured micro USB cable at Monoprice, which is the same as the two I bought previously. Available in different lengths, here's a link to a short one:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...rmat=4#feedback

If yours isn't working with the kindle then it might be an insertion problem or other manufacturing defect. Monoprice does ship bad cables every now and then. Sometimes a handful of them as was the case with some HDMI cables I bought.

That seems like what I've ordered. At some point in the past I ordered a bunch of micro USB cables of varying sizes (along with a bunch of other cables to build up my stock). I'll have to check my order history, but that certainly seems like the type of cable I have. I don't know why on earth the Kindle wouldn't completely work with these cables. I'll have to see if I have some non-Kindle/non-Monoprice micro USB cables lying around here.

One thing I've noticed is that the Monoprice cables appear to have slightly shorter ends than the Kindle ones... I don't know if I'm imagining that, though...