As previously mentioned, my wife is trying to migrate to her work cell phone. We've settled on the fact that she can't get MMS or group iPhone SMS via Google Voice, so that's what we'll do with her current personal number.

What she's finding harder to live with, however, are the security protocols on her work phone. It's the government, so naturally they're a little paranoid, but every time she unlocks her phone she is required to enter an eight character password with at least one special character. On a computer this would be a big deal, but my wife and I might unlock a phone 30 to 60 times in a day! Entering such a long password every time is not appealing to her.

Do we have ANY recourse? She's called her IT person at work, and he was adamant that he couldn't do anything for her. However, he strongly hinted that someplace called "Google" might have the information she requires. While this may be true, neither of us have had much luck so far. It appears that there's a profile that controls this, but I'm not sure what - if anything - we can do about that...

Any help?