I found it interesting that the new MacBook Air can't drive a 4k monitor. It appears that it requires beastly fast GPUs to really do the job properly, and that's something the new Mac Pro is clearly engineered to deliver.

I'm not sure whether to be excited at the opportunity to buy an awesome monitor for $4000 or not. On the one hand, you can buy a very good 24" monitor these days for $300 (or less). The 27" monitors like Apple's are much more expensive, although Monoprice has one for $390. I'm hoping that Monoprice will come to the rescue and deliver 32" 4K displays for a better price.

Meanwhile, I'm pondering the first LCD display I ever bought: an Apple 23" Cinema HD display. That originally listed for $3499 (1920x1200 pixels) and it was a staggeringly awesome upgrade from my previous CRT. His Steveness disliked power cords, so he had them tack on some power pins and USB with DVI to create Apple's proprietary ADC, eventually requiring me to buy an annoying adapter for subsequent computers that only had DVI.