Originally Posted By: Dignan

I'd definitely like to start seeing those charging stations (especially the ones with THIS), but the lack of stations doesn't really bother me, since I'd be using it entirely as a commuter car.

Admittedly, Rome (where I live) has some charging stations around the city, mostly for electric Smart cars (existing as a result of Tesla-Mercedes agreement) and few other electric cars and scooters. And I even see two or three Smarts and two or three scooters in the last two years, which is possibly more than I expected but way less than I hoped.
So, if I wanted to buy a Model S or a Model X for a city commute, well, that would definitely be possible today, which is truly wonderful. Obvious to say, if all cars and motorbikes in Rome were electric, Rome would be an entirely different city to live in. And that possibly goes for every city.

But, would I buy a Model X next year for a 22Km daily city commute, in the heavy traffic? No. I'd buy something smaller and cheaper (Smart, Nissan Leaf, Renault small funny cool electric car). For a model S or X to make sense, I need to be able to go anywhere in EU, or in Italy at least. Or at least to reach major cities in Italy, assuming I like Elon Musk's company and paradigm so much. And I think I do.
But today, sadly, I'd hardly be able to get anywhere far from Rome, here. And, there are other electric options that make more sense for a city-only vehicle.

Why oh why. I love the Teslas!

Edited by Taym (21/08/2013 21:13)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg