Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
Eventually, they will run wires between the buildings, but for now I need to get something up and running and I have one week working mostly alone. Some of the runs between buildings will probably require fiber eventually. For now let's just stay limited to wireless. I'm very limited on time to acquire the equipment and test it out before flying halfway around the world to a place with no internet access to install it.
Local labor is not possible for creating shallow trenches for the cable?

If the trench is dug in sections (maybe 50 or 100 feet at a time) you could do the actual cable laying yourself to ensure it is not harmed by sharp rocks or otherwise. Instruct the 'work crew' how to cover the cable with soil and keep small rocks away. With some luck you could have cables laid between the important links.

I suggest laying more than one cable in each trench, perhaps as many as three or four running in parallel, separated by at least an inch or two (the more space the better). That way if a single cable gets damaged you have a chance of a neighboring cable remaining intact.

Assume all the buried cables will eventually fail, of course.

You may be forced to use fiber or coax if you cannot use repeaters spaced along the UTP/CAT5/CAT6 runs.