Originally Posted By: petteri
As for the widgets, I hopefully can find some that are useful. I fear that's the one thing I'm going to miss from Windows is the at a glance information I can get from the live tiles.

I'll admit, those live tiles are nice. There are certainly widgets that will accomplish some of the same things, but it's not going to be as cohesive. It's more customizable, but finding just the right tool might be trickier.

Quote:
One thing none of my "android" friends can confirm for me is something I make use of a lot currently. For my work e-mail I have multiple subfolders setup (hosted by my work's exchange server). I have a few of these subfolders pined to my home screen so I can very quickly see this there's mail there. Otherwise the main icon on the screen won't let me know that I've received any mail. Does that make sense? Is this possible?

I'm sorry to say that I'm another Android friend who doesn't know if that will work. It really depends on how MS has written the available widgets for the Outlook app, which is probably what you'll be using for your Exchange account.

Each app is responsible for its own widgets, which get installed/uninstalled with the app. If they haven't created a widget like that, then maybe another email handling app has done so. You'll need to find one that supports Exchange.

Originally Posted By: Archeon
Originally Posted By: tfabris
My first guess about your unread mail issue is maybe your new phone's mail client isn't set up to use IMAP to access the mail server. For instance maybe it's set up as POP3 or something.

Thanks Tony. This was my guess too, but I can't find where this can be set. In any case, in gmail itself, both imap and pop3 are active (I need pop3 too because I use it to pull the contents of two of those accounts to the first one - this was never a problem in the past with my iPhone).

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to make of that setup. I don't know how that even works. On the phone's side, it's not really possible to have messages from a POP3 account brought into an IMAP account. I might not be understanding your setup, though.

To recap, all three accounts you're checking on your phone are GMail accounts, correct? I assume that you have a primary account, which is the one that your phone is using across the various Google services you're using. If all 3 of your accounts are GMail accounts, and you want to have your 2 secondary accounts send their emails to your primary account, this would normally be done within GMail on the web, by forwarding the email from each of those two accounts to your primary account. Then you'd simply have a single inbox on all your devices.

If you want separate inboxes for each account, then there shouldn't be any kind of bringing email from those two accounts into the primary, so I'm just confused again.

I think I need to understand your goals a little better.