Originally Posted By: tfabris
So, though your descriptions seem to indicate that it's getting spam-binned on his end, I'm wondering why the same messages from OUTSIDE the verizon network don't get spam-binned.

I don't have a clue how email is handled anymore. It baffles me.

I may have posted about this before, but I have to send snail mail invoices to any of my clients who use AOL. I use Freshbooks for my invoicing, and AOL has completely blocked anything I send to their users. I haven't even had luck emailing a PDF from my own email account.

Nevermind that every time I see the inbox of an AOL user, it's chock full of obvious spam.

It wouldn't bother me as much if my emails were getting flagged as spam. That would be fine, as I could simply tell my client to look for my email in their junk folder. But no, they're wiping out my email before it ever reaches their customers. I find that offensive, considering the obscene garbage that fills most people's spam folders. Unless it's abundantly clear that a message is spam or contains a virus, it makes me furious that an email provider would fail to deliver a message like that. It's not just AOL either. To bring things back to Verizon, I've had this happen with a couple of my clients who use their Verizon mail.