Originally Posted By: jmwking
USB-C is definitely a future thing... Nothing I have today needs it, but I hate buying almost obsolete stuff, especially when I'm replacing failed obsolete stuff.

-jk
There is a presumption that first generation USB-C chargers will be long term compatible and optimal for future variations of USB-C and whatever standards oddness lies next in wait.

There was/is already a kerfuffle regarding the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 variant and 'proper' USB-C compatibility.

Somehow I get this feeling that there are more USB-C issues yet to surface, and not just from Qualcomm.

Even today, what does a full specification USB-C charger look like? Does it provide up to 100 watts? 15watts, 18 watts, 36 watts? At what voltages? Per port?

USB power Delivery spec revision 1, or rev 2?

This USB-C charger from Google offers up to 60 watts but has a captive cable. The Apple 29 watt version not only works with the new MacBook but also fast charges the 12" iPad Pro.

Right now it seems rare to find a multiport USB-C charger that can provide more than 5 volts and 15 watts. Eventually that should change, I expect.

Edited by K447 (03/05/2016 02:22)