Originally Posted By: andy
I'm still using the same backed up/restored phone data on my iPhone that I first used on my first iPhone in 2008 wink

I have had people say not setting your iPhone up as a new phone leads to problems, I've not had a problem with it...
My multiple iPhone upgrades have also worked fairly smoothly. Backup old device, connect new device. Prompt appears to restore from backup. Click Proceed, let it work away.

Same for warranty replacement devices restored from backup. I almost always restore from iTunes via USB on Mac. Not a fan of iTunes in general, but it does 'work'.

Just did this a few days ago for an AppleCare+ warranty replacement of iPhone 6s with a slightly sticky Home button. Called Apple, arranged for replacement device to be shipped to me. It arrived here the next day. Backup old and restore to new, then handed the fully configured replacement iPhone to spouse. Everyone is happy.

Pack the old (factory reset) iPhone in the supplied return shipping box and call for prepaid pickup. It will be heading to Apple tomorrow. UPS just picked it up.

Edited by K447 (19/05/2016 21:32)