Originally Posted By: tfabris
Here's another infuriating vendorbrick I read about this morning:
http://www.diyphotography.net/eyefi-drop...tember-16-2016/

Ugh.... I have one of those cards as well... but we've not used it in a while, as phone have become our primary photo taking tool. Yeah, not the best, but good enough for snaps of kids.

And yes, I know the X-Box does games. As soon as these ankle biters grow up, and I get some free time, then maybe I can find out what all these game things are wink

Originally Posted By: DWallach

A cheaper solution is to buy a Chromecast device ($35-ish) and cast to it from a laptop running your video chat. This will definitely work for Hangouts running in Chrome (instructions here). You'd need some kind of third-party screen-scraping-to-Chromecast solution to make it work for Skype.

While this lets the kids see more easily, it takes the kids away from the mic and camera, so grandma doesn't see them And trust me, she is not Skype'ng us to see me smile

While Googles solution might be low cost for a business, at $1k+$250 management fee... ouch!

For some reason your post reminded me that we use to use a regular webcam+laptop connected to the TV, so we might go that route. Thanks!
The biggest problem is at the other end, and getting grandma to press the right buttons, so there is a HUGE preference for not changing anything at that end.