Hi.

This is related to my post and the subsequent thread in the programmer section:

I would really appreciate if emplode would allow the upload of a specific file type (let's say ".addon" files) to the empeg that are automatically stored in a special, FID-only "playlist". That "playlist" should be completely ignored by the player itself, other than during sync/up-/download using emptool/emplode.

Currently, addons would have to be named ".MP3", added to some playlist, uploaded to the empeg, then manually moved away from the .../fids directory...
What I propose is to
  1. let emplode upload ".addon" files to a special addon-pseudo-playlist
  2. let the player ignore this playlist when building its binary music database
  3. allow custom init/installer scripts to remove those files from that special playlist after installation, without invalidating the music database that was built during sync.
This should be pretty easy to implement, and would help us 3rd party developers a lot when it comes to installation and update of custom software. The special playlist wouldn't even be necessary if the player would simply ignore the .addon files after upload, for example by assigning *2 fids to them.

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, was #080000113 is #090001010)