Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
Yeah, I have a friend in Seattle area and he says that even in some of the nice neighborhoods the meth heads have learned that Amazon packages are a quick buck to get a fix. It's quite common in his area.

So many folks around here use Amazon for everything that there’s a rise in theft reports, and I wonder if the percentage isn’t increasing but the reports give that perception. And sadly in many areas, and across many classes, drug addiction is driving it at times. Plenty of well off neighborhoods having neighbors doing the stealing for opiates.

It’s one of the many sore points between folks living in Seattle proper, and Amazon’s growth leading to massive gentrification and displacement of folks. And it’s having rippling effects through the much larger metro area. History repeats in a way too, Seattle’s had a history of booms and busts for pretty much it’s existence. Including the old boom that helped the orange one’s grandfather start building wealth around here.

I wish Amazon would pay their ethically fair share of taxes in the area to help repair the harm their success has led to, instead of inventing new Prime ways of dealing with package theft. (Amazon Lockers, Flex, Key). Would also help if they treated their employees better. There’s such a turnover rate there that it churns so many folks throughout the area too.