Originally Posted By: Roger

It's unclear to me whether my Anker 13000 (5v 3A) will charge it, though: the included power supply offers 15v 2.2A. Does USB-C allow that kind of thing?

I suspect (maybe) not, based on the specs for the Anker 20000 PD which says "some USB-C laptops are not supported as their input exceeds 22W", and the spec for the C101 says that the PSU outputs 33W, which implies that the Chromebook might need 33W. However, also on that page, it says "support power delivery".
I have posted in the past regarding the gifts of potential confusion that USB-C brings. I suspect it will be a long time before it becomes clear to the majority of ‘technical people’ how the USB-C pieces fit together, and how device capabilities and requirements need to be presented.

It is easy to be certain that it is unclear how a lot of these USB-C devices will interact, especially when from different brands and different kinds of things.

For the non-technical ‘majority’, will USB-C device and cable interconnectivity ever be anything other than generally unclear?

The simple use cases, like power brick and smartphone with a USB-C cable, eventually most of those will work for most people. Beyond that, seems rather lumpy.