Oh trust me, I have no impulse control and at least one package from Amazon shows up on my front stoop every single day. But sometimes there are things I just don't need right away that I can wait on a little bit.

Some examples:

- Back when I had a ZWave automation system**, I had a favorite light switch that would occasionally dip below $35, but usually hover around $45. Home automation is a hobby of mine, and I can [usually] admit it's not a necessity. I set a price alert to tell me when it dropped below $35 and that both spaced out my frivolous purchases and saved me some cash.

- My son has always been sensitive to most baby wipes on the market. As a result, naturally we ended up using some of the most expensive ones on the market (Water Wipes - like paying out the nose for fabric and water). These go on sale every once and a while and I'll stock up.

- My wife and I knew we wanted to get our son a new tablet for his birthday, so I set a price alert and decided that if I didn't get notified by a week before the date, I'd just go ahead and buy it at whatever price. It was a Kindle Fire Kids edition. It was garbage but the plan worked until we decided on a used iPad instead laugh

Some other examples: our living room TV, portable pack 'n play for a vacation, soap refills, diaper pail refills, the toddler bottles my son is great at destroying, etc.

You'll notice that a lot of these are consumables. I love it for that. Much like the tablet example, I can tell when I'm going to need more soap/wipes/etc. Once I get close, if I haven't received a price drop notice I'll just get it at whatever price is sort of average.

**I still do home automation, but I swapped every switch out so I don't need any more smile

Edited by Dignan (18/04/2018 04:37)