Originally Posted By: mlord
MakeMKV works very well.

I'll try it now!

Originally Posted By: tfabris
I have used WinX DVD Ripper...

I got the name wrong. That's the first one I used that ended up giving me a 5 minute clip for some reason. I couldn't see any reason for this...

Originally Posted By: Roger
I haven't ripped a DVD since I last had a Windows PC with a DVD drive in it -- something like 5 years ago now. But: I used to use AnyDVD

I'll try that next, since I don't know if MKV is the final encoding I'd prefer. I don't think I need all the stuff it can retain... But yeah I haven't had an optical drive since I retired my desktop a couple years ago. I just use USB optical drives these days. Even those are pretty behind the times, though. Most come with mini-USB connectors on the back. Some of the more recent ones have USB3.

Originally Posted By: mlord
Slimline external USB2 DVD/RW drives work very well. But like most of us, I've only used mine maybe twice in 6+ years now.

Ha, yeah I have to dig mine out of a drawer every once and a while but that's about how often I use mine.

In the end, this all might be more trouble than it's worth. I need to decide if it's worth my time to rip any of these. I might pick my favorites and just pay for the digital version on Vudu.