I'm looking for an inexpensive alternative to GoDaddy for Hosting.

I have been with GoDaddy for something like 19 years. Last year they upped the price quite a bit, and forced me to 'upgrade' as the 'platform' I was on was being phased out.

This year their 'free email' which was included in the package is now going to cost about 100.00 USD, as it is no longer included. I am a loyal person (19 years), and may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but neither am I the dullest.

I have checked out a couple of other hosting options, and the one that looks the best to me so far is HostGator for their 'Hatchling' plan which is the lowest tier. As anyone who has been to my cheesy little website knows, it is just a little personal website, and I don't need much. I really am only concerned in being able to keep my email address, which apparently is now not functioning correctly which is of concern to me and the final straw for GoDaddy....to want me to pay for an item that has been free and double the price of the original price. And in case anyone is doubtful of my claims, I have the documentation back to 2001, and GoDaddy Sales support told me they can only go back 10 years?!?

Sorry for the rant.

Bottom line, does anyone have any recommendations for hosting on an economical basis since my medical disability and retirement still impacts my finances.

Again, sorry for the rant.