Oh man Mark, I’m so sorry to hear that. Life is hard work:

Enjoy your retirement, my health has been deteriorating for a while, I have a number of chronic health problems, the one that is causing be problems is an incredibly rare liver disease, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. It’s quite funny because when you tell people you have liver disease they always jump to the wrong conclusion! PSC is causing my bile ducts to scar;, which stops bile flowing and causes cirrhosis. I’ve already had one transplant assessment, i have a long standing issue with gallstones and take a lot of morphine for the pain, I can’t have the gallbladder removed because i would bleed out.

Over the past year or two it’s become a massive problem, my fatigue is awful, I’m in constant pain and feel sick or are sick, eating food is like Russian roulette.

We’ve taken on a couple of developers to take on what I was doing because I struggle with either having no sleep (it’s 5am here!) or just feeling run down, I’m trying to transition to managing the other developers rather than developing myself, or at least to free me up to do more R&D work.

To say I was glad to see the end of 2020 which was awful is an understatement; but ending up in hospital a few weeks back (free ambulance ride!) and having to stay in while I was pumped full of fluids, antibiotics and steroids was something I could have done without.

I think 2021 is pretty much going to be a write off, so yeah, here’s to 2022!

Always nice to hear from you Mark!