I see posts from older days on Facebook, not because there isn't new stuff from friends, but because the Facebook algorithm "chooses" to prioritise some older stuff (that I've often already read at least once). There is no shortage of content from friends for them to show me, but sadly the Facebook engine doesn't always want to show that to me first.

I don't see that on Twitter, but only because I don't use the official Twitter client. If I do go and use the website or official client, it does the same annoying stuff that Facebook does, only seemingly worse. The whole first page and half on Twitter's website for me is old tweets or stuff from people I don't directly follow (possibly made worse by the fact that Twitter are being cut off from the interaction details they'd get if I didn't use a third party client).

I miss the days of the Facebook chronological feed. I'm very glad I can still have a chronological Twitter feed via a third party app (TweetBot).

I do still value Facebook though, largely for the active canoeing and kayaking communities that I'm involved with there and no where else.