I used to love my calculator watch. Then I loved a watch which stored a list of phone numbers in it. Then I loved my Timex Datalink which updated its address book by scanning bar codes off the CRT monitor. That was wild!

Quote:
Thinking about it, it doesn't need the calculator. I hardly ever used the one on my old watch, I just liked the geekiness of it.

If you think about it more, do you really need any of that stuff on your wrist at all any more?

I made that choice after having a smartphone for a little while. It did everything any watch ever did, and more, and I soon realized that I didn't actually want to have something attached to my wrist 24/7. I ditched watches altogether, and never looked back. It made me instantly happier.

For telling time, I don't actually need to know the time of day at an instant glance to my wrist. The only situations where I truly need to know the time, I can usually find a nearby clock in my field of vision, or, take the extra moment to lift up my phone, or extract it from my pocket, and look at it. Maybe I need to know the time less often than other people do.