Well, Rob, if you really miss those good old days that much, I can help you out.

I have and would be willing to sell for a quite reasonable price a fully functional CP/M computer system -- an all-in-one integrated keyboard/monitor/computer system with four (count 'em, four double-density 5.25" floppy drives built in giving a massive storage capacity of 2.88 megabytes all on-line at the same time!. Couple that with the awesome 640 kilobytes of true Random Access Memory, and you would have a killer machine. I'd have to check U.S. export regulations to see if it is allowable to send this kind of high technology overseas to a potentially terrorist nation like the Netherlands, though...

To sweeten the deal, I'll even throw in software, including a vintage edition of Wordstar 3.0 for CP/M. Be advised, though, that Wordstar has told me they are no longer offering technical support for that product.

We all know that this Windows business is just a passing fad, and that before long we'll all be back where we belong, at the good old C:\ > prompt. I'm figuring, why not go even further back to a kindler and gentler time, forget Microsoft and return to the friendly bosom of CP/M. You could get in on the ground floor, beat the rush, be a real industry leader.

How 'bout it? Or should I put it up for auction on ebay instead?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"