I am pretty sad to announce that I am going to have to call off the promised 3rd European Empeg Owner's Meet for October, 2001. Each of these meetings inevitably calls for a bit of preparation, but also some (not insignificant) financial investment on my part. While I wouldn't normally object to this, things are different at the moment since I have no job - and two kids need feeding.

In spite of Rob's, Empeg's and SB/Rio's extremely generous past support in the line of prizes and gifts for the participants, I would still have to spend money to set up the event that I cannot at the moment afford, having been jobless for a couple of months now.

Even if a job was magically to appear within the next few weeks, it would now no longer be possible to set up bookings for the start of October, and an event any later in the year will as like as not have bad weather, making it unattractive to attend from as a great a distance as some of our visitors in May, hence making it a small event with only a few participants. This, I feel, would make it difficult for Rob to justify the expense of the journey and support that he has been able to offer before now.

I feel sure that, in May next year, I will be able to confidently set up and run another owner's meet, which wil be all the more special than the previous one - with special prizes for the best piece of third party software, as promised. So you guys get the chance to properly polish that piece of software you have been working on and submit it for consideration, after all!

Sorry to disappoint anyone expecting the meet to happen, but I hope you'll be patient and come to the next one instead

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015