Michael is absolutely correct. The power supply has a switch for voltage which was set at 230V and not 115V to process the power properly. Once that was set properly, the voltage down the line came in line. I also tested the output from the 12V labeled lines to make sure they weren'r sending too much power down the line and they are not.

The only odd thing is when it is working, the unit shows that it is running in battery mode (i.e. It has a battery in the upper right hand corner). I am assuming this would be normal as Ign Sense isn't connected to anything. The box is coming along nicely but I am taking a bit of a break from the project so I will give you a brief.

Original Idea: I have a Mac Classic II that I haven't used in years so I was going to convert it to a fishtank. Then I started thinking about the component box and wondered if the Classic would work. It already has a power supply built in and the cage should fit through the CRT opening comfortably hiding all components.

So Far: Well after removing everything except the power supply, I realized the cage would slip in perfectly. Unfortunately, this leaves no clearance for the player when it is inserted. Also, the cage would rest against the exposed power supply which I was just not comfortable with. So I removed the Mac power supply and replaced it with a small power supply from a PC. I have cut out some wood to hold the cage in place but need to shave the side of the mac to allow space for the player through the opening for the CRT. After that, I just need to connect the cables to the packs I have put in the back of the case, connect everything up, and it should go. Photos will follow in a couple of days.

Greg