I have an Audi A3 (2000), so if sb having almost the same car has already installed the tuner, could you tell me how to deal with the power antena? My tuner is working but with no powered antena (no AM). Where is it? What it looks like, how to feed it??? tnx.

I just installed the MkIIa and tuner in my VW Polo '01 which I believe uses the same (type at least) antenna. I used the VW/Audi original part antenna adapter; it came with a thin tube with an antenna connector in one end and an antenna lead (with connector) and a +12V feed wire in the other end. The +12V wire was wired to a male ISO-connectors amp/antenna remote out. The kit had both a male and female ISO connector, so that you could plug one end into the stereo and the other to the cars ISO-connector - but it was only wired for power and illumination (pins 4,6,7,8 and a wire from pin 5 in the male connector to the adapter) so I snipped the flying lead and connected it to the blue wire from the tuner module, removing the ISO connectors from this kit totally

Seems to work nicely, reception normally at 4 or 5 bars but still good sound at the occations (passing through short tunnels) that I've been down at 2 bars... However, there's essentially no AM around here to test with - when I couldn't find any stations with the empeg I tried it with a friends car, which has a traditional radio and antenna and could find no AM broadcasters with that setup either...

So I can't really be sure if the antenna works as it should or if it just is good enough to work that well without the amplifier for FM...

/Michael