Well, I finally got my Mk2 installed this week after a long wait. I wanted to wait until my tuner module got here - I drive across Oklahoma and Texas a lot and weather radio is nice to have out here.

Anyway, I got the install done in Plano TX (near Dallas) at the new Car Toys on Hwy 75. I know that there has been some bad press concerning "car audio stores" here but they did a nice job on my truck. This was only the second Rio these guys had done so everyone in the whole place got involved. I kept all my speakers but got a new amp.

My 6-disc changer had been broken for a few months so I don't really miss not having a CD. I had been using it at my desk for a while so I already had my playlists in place and music loaded. I need to set my dimmer to be brighter in daylight.

My first impressions are good. The quality of sound really highlights some of the rip errors in my older MP3's - it's time to re-rip a few CD's.

The volume knob "gearing" is very slow compared to my old stock radio (Ford Expedition). Is there a way to make one "click" on the unit move the volume two or three levels instead of one?

I want to thank everyone here. I have done 100's of searches on this boad and gained so much valuable information. I think the Empeg is far ahead of it's time and it does not suprise me that the average consumer is not ready to pay for this unique combination of eligant sofware and hardware.

Thanks,
Greenbean