Thanks for all the helpful info. I did manage to figure out what is wrong. It is not the amp but rather the left channel on BOTH outputs from the empeg dash adapter. I figured this out after connecting the RCA's directly into the back of the empeg, the home stereo connection. It worked perfectly at that point. This is a good thing since my amp is old and not warrantied whereas my 2 day old empeg is still warrantied. So I guess my next question is, is there any way for me to fix the mounting tray, or should I just get it replaced.

As far as taking it out, yes it will come with me almost everywhere I go. I have even contemplated getting one of those heavy duty cases that I saw another empeg enthusiast had. Here is my dilemma though:
1) When I am home or work, no problem. I can easily bring it in and set it on my desk.
2) I can't seem to figure out what to do when I go into a store or into class or someone elses place. I go to parties every now and then and don't really want to lug it around.

I would like to hear how anyone else deals with the lugging issue.

Thanks again.