Hi,

I've been encoding and tagging mostly classical music during the years I've been an owner of an Empeg. I use only ID3v2 tags. Here is the way I've found it most usable to tag. Lets use an example, a Bach cantata.

Title: Verachtest du den Reichtum seiner Gnade
Artist: Bach, Kantat BWV 102 - arioso (B)
Album: Concentus musicus Wien - N Harnoncourt
Year: 1980
Comments: A: Paul Esswood
T: Kurt Equiluz
B: Philippe Huttenlocher
Tölzer Knabenchor - G Schmidt-Gaden

As you see, I've made some use of the tags that perhaps are not standard, but this way works great on the empeg display - especially when we've got the version 2 scrolling functionality.

In the Artist tag I've squeezed in the composer, the name of the work, the movement and as in this case an indication that it is a bass soloist.
In the Album tag is the name of the orchestra and the conductor.
In the Comment field are the various soloists, and also the name of the choir.

The only non-working part in this way of tagging is that emplode only accepts the first row of the comment field. It truncates the tag at the first CRLF. Else it would be perfect when using the details view in version 2. But perhaps that additional functionality could be put in the wish list.

Of course the six movements of the cantata are placed in a seperate playlist and the files are numbered to ensure the correct sequence.
My playlist structure thus is
Classical
- Bach
- Cantatas
- BWV 102

Actually, when uploading Bach music I've also assigned the PIN = BWV number. Thus it is easy to choose as long as I know which BWV number a certain composition has.

Hope this information can be of some help!

Regards

Jan
Mk2 #080000217 - 20+30 GB amber
spare Mk2a 010101934 10 GB blue