Note: any changes they do to music is irrevelant...
If you use the current mp3 player software that couldnt care less if there's a watermark,staple,paperclip, or anything else they think up
it will play it happily. I currently have an mp3 jukebox in my home connected to my B&O stereo, driving Clipsch La-scala speakers
I CANNOT tell the difference between the origional cd or the mp3 (Nither can my friend that swears by using $22.00USD a foot
low oxygen copper ribbon cables for his speakers (and bi-wired too) because it sounds better). I never plan on changing my mp3
driver in my unit.. I rip my own songs so what do I care. and if I pipe the audio from my cd player (or dvd player) to my sound card and record the mp3 it will still have excellent sound quality. worrying about this is a moot point unless you're the type that has to have the latest version
of the driver/program because the number is higher than what you are currently using.

Basically the biggest point is to be sure you get the devel kit, so when the next software upgrade comes from the manufacturer has copy protection junk and other unwanted "features" you can delete them or re-assemble them. I know that this is a nightmare for the maker of the
empeg unit but oh-well. I am buying my unit not for just a stereo but for a central processing setup to mess with as the autopc is 100% worthless for developers (clarion will NOT distribute the devel kit without a ND agreement and royalties)

----------------
remove NOSPAM to send me email