I just slapped some new shoes on my ride, and I thought I'd post some info on them, seeing as they just came out a week or so ago, and not too many people know about them yet.

Michelin makes them, and their called the "Pilot Sport A/S". This is the new All Season version of the Pilot Sport. It's the first true ultra high performance all weather tire. It is also one of the most technologically advanced tires ever made. 3 different rubber compounds in various parts of the tread, kevlar belts, and a 400 treadwear rating. For those who don't know, 400 is absolutely unheard of for a high performance tire, as an example, my last tires were 160.

The downside of course, is the money. Mine were about $175 (USD) a piece for 205/55/16's. But, if they really last as long as their treadwear suggests, they should make up the difference in the long run.

I've only had mine for a few days, and already it's like driving a completely different car. Very sticky, amazing responsiveness, smooth, stable, and the weirdest part, completely silent. It took some effort, but when I finally got the car pitched into a nice 4 wheel drift, they didn't make any noise at all. Creepy.

I can't wait to try them in the snow! I go snowboarding allot, so I need all weather, but I didn't want to give up any street traction at all. Basically, I wanted to get the best all weather tire I could possibly get. I did some research a few months ago, and found out about these tires, so I figured I'd wait until they came out. I'll post some more info later, and let you guys know how they do in the rain / snow.

For now, you can get more info here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/michelin/mi_pilot_sport_as.jsp