Having recently bought and installed the tuner module, I was hoping to see something really cool software wise-- afterall, the MP3 player software is great! Why should I expect anything less from the tuner sofware. But alas, it's just your basic tuner.

I would love to have Tivo-like capabilities with the Tuner module like others have suggested, but based on the comments from empeg guys, this doesn't seem too likely. Here's some more easily doable things that would make the tuner nicer:

1. When listening to one of the presets such as A1, if you power down the unit by turning the car's key off, when you power the unit back up, the preset name goes blank yet it still says "A1". It would be nice if the preset name reappeared. (This is with 2.0 beta 3.) I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug.

2. When switching between stored presets, there is often a wide discrepancy in volume levels between stations. It would be nice if the user had the ability to set a relative volume level weighting for each station. That way you could more easily monitor several stations at once without having to continually adjust the volume.

3. When muting the radio by pushing the pause button, a visual indication should be shown on the screen. The way it is now, you can't tell if mute is on or if the station is just silent for a moment.

4. As many others have mentioned already, you should be able to use the Mk2's knob to adjust the frequency. People are so used to this style of tuner that it seems crazy not to take advantage of the knob here.

5. On many AM stations you often hear high frequency interference. It would be nice if there was some kind of control allowing you to quickly filter out these high frequences. I realize you could do this with the eq, but that's kind of cumbersome.

6. It would be nice if you could assign a name to each of the banks of presets instead of having just A,B,C.