Yep, it's me also from the Neo forum. I still have my Neo Car Jukebox (it's the newer one, not the 35). I'll be selling it shortly - either with a 20GB HD or empty (depending on whichever the purchaser prefers).

I still think the Neo is a great idea and a cool simple unit, but unfortunately, with whatever combination of 60GB drive and r3mix LAME with ID3V2 files I was running, I'd get a hiccup every now and then in a song. That was with it sitting on my desk. So, I decided to go with the empeg (I won't call it a Rio, even though it is I suppose :)

I'm now missing high speed file transfers, but all the added features of configuration and 3rd party development will outweigh that. Though it doesn't stop me from "wishing" we had 100baseTX Ethernet instead of 10baseT...

I'm "just" about to install the software and connect the empeg for the first time. I'm going to play with 1.03 for a day or two and then go directly to 2beta3.

In the meantime, I'm going to dig around and find out if it's worth my time installing the developer version of the software. I've been pretty busy and unfortunately haven't been able to read about all the details I normally would when getting into a new product.

I bought the 10GB model because I could not justify the markup on the larger models. I will be taking the storage up with another drive shortly and will probably replace the 10GB as well. In fact I may replace the 10GB right away with something else. I have a 6GB drive sitting around here somewhere, but that's too small for me to even consider throwing in. :) Looking at recent prices, the best deal seems to be on 30GB drives. So maybe I'll get one of those for now to tide me over and then see how long it takes for prices on 48GB or the just announced 60GB drives to drop.

They marked $750 on the box? Wow. That would include the shipping amount. Rough. But tax on that would still only be around 181, not 300... :) Unless you ordered from the UK and also had to pay a duty on top of PST+GST?