JeepBastard:
Regarding email verification: Email addresses change more frequently than postal addresses ... and as we all know email can be spoofed, sniffed, etc. It's neither a secure nor reliable mechanism for PIN recovery... It's also rather draconian for Empeg to expect its userbase to notify it of an email address change. And keeping that database current incurs similar support problems to the ones I mentioned regarding PIN recovery: people will forget to notify Empeg and then how does it all work???

The point of my post was to indicate the hidden costs that would be incurred by Empeg and, thus by end-users who will ultimately shell out the cash to support those costs.

Basically, I don't think it's fair for us to -EXPECT- (and that's the key word) Empeg to incur costs to itself to solve a problem that, fundamentally, is ours, not Empeg's. If some methodology is devised that works out for everyone, I'm all for it! However, I see a bunch of holes in the PIN solution and they seem to incur overhead costs to Empeg -- which will be pased directly to customers. I think we can all agree that THAT would be a Bad Thing.

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca