Duh! ... <engage brain>
Well, I guess _I_ knew what I was talking about. :) What I've got here (so far)
is the start of a program to read the empeg player's database files to reconstruct the playlists in a linked list in memory. Ultimately, I'm going to need some help to take this project further; however, right now, with the state of empeg development being as it is, this is definitely a project trying to hit a moving target. I'm going to need help from someone who's done GUI development (preferably with gtk first, then kde later; if course this is all implying that
this is Yet Another Linux Project). Right now, I can correctly read my own player's playlists, and make some modifications to it. The next step, hopefully this evening, will be to write those changes out and put them into the empeg and see if it will accept the changes having been done 'offline'. <ramble mode off>
So the reason I'm looking for another set of the files 'tags', 'database' and 'playlists' is to do a 'sanity check' on my code, so that I can comfortably drive onward, and begin the process of getting a group together.