it's a known problem, which should be solved in 2.0 final.

An update ...

With 2.0b7, the shut-the-car-off/turn-it-on bit no longer appears to faze the elapsed time display! That is, if I turn the car off and we're at 3:00 minutes elapsed, if I turn the car back on the player kicks in right around (or at) 3:00 minutes, and at what I believe to be the appropriate point in the song.

This resolves an issue I filed with [email protected] in early December (thanks!).

However, it does faze the new "total time" display (the dividing line with the new, blinking pixel). That is, the track ends before the blinking pixel ever reaches the right side.

Though I haven't checked just yet (but I will RSN), I bet the total time (as MM:SS), if I bring it up, will match up and still appear to be longer than it really is.

The burning question, of course, is, is it an encoder issue or a decoder/player issue? If I drop these files into Windows Media player - the elapsed time is fine. As for WinAmp, I still need to check that one (read: reinstall it first). I'm willing to bet uSoft is doing some other form of compensation to get the proper elapsed time though, and I can understand if the goal here is to stick to the published standards & recommendations and not play clean-up.

Comments welcome ...