That explains why I haven't gotten the startup program yet. :-)

Sorry, it's coming, but I had to play with the GPS last weekend and I've quite little time on weekdays.

Actually, I am interested on your work with the GPS. I plan on ensuring that the serial port is accessable in the car dor something like this. What GPS unit are you working with? I plan on buying one soon, and although the one that clips onto the Palm V is very cool, I want one that will work with my Palm V, Laptop and empeg.

I'm using a Garmin GPS 35 TracPak PC and I'm very satisfied with it. In addition to longitude, latitude and altitude information it knows the UTC time/date (hey, my Mk1 knows the time :), board temperature, speed over ground, course over ground and loads of information of satellites currently in view. As I got it just about a week ago, I've not had enough time to really concentrate on the software. Currently it just prints the speed and position to the screen and in addition draws a simple route of where I'm driving - which shows that it's quite accurate. I think the GPS accuracy is between 5 and 10 meters.

To reveal my plans even further, I'm looking into the possibility of using my forthcoming Palm Vx to communicate with empeg in a way that I could browse the GPS maps on Palm screen (160x160 beats 128x32). As the Palm OS has quite nice support for IrDA, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

And let's not raise the safety issues of browsing GPS maps on Palm screen while driving

Kim