Anyone know much about the ReplayTV 4000 DVR? Hey Empeg guys, you hear any stuff about this other SonicBlue product?

It looks fantastic ... digital recording, big drives, ethernet connection, transmitting programs without commercials. Not a Tivo product; no subscription fees .... sounds great all around.

My questions are ... does it run linux ... Tivo encourages active hacking on their linux driven product ... Anyone know if Replay does the same? Is there a growing following for this product?

Also ... *if* sonic blue drops this product due to law suits (no commercials, transmitting programs via internet) what happens to those who already have one? *If* sonic blue dies entirely what happens? If it's linux hackable, I wonder if you could redirect the tv guide functionality to a Tivo service or another television guide service (free?)

It sure looks like a lot of fun, but I'd hate to blow the money and have it become worthless. I'd also hate to buy what amounts to a computer and not have the ability to hack it.

Greg C.