Have a long hard think about wether you want an in dash cd player unless you have double din slot i had a cd player hooked up to the aux of the empeg and i got rid of it due to the fact it was never used. Empegers don't really use cd players.

Also to get a decent head unit you are looking about the same money as an amp and cables.

As to wether you want to install it your self that is basially what you are happy doing. There is no great mystery to it if you are happy taking the trim out of your car running cables and then putting it back no problem that is about the hardest part. The empeg is no different from any other car player to install it is just how it operates that is different planet to the norm.

The only other tip i would give is if you own a laptop or even think you might at some point i would run either a USB cable or an ethernet cross over cable to behind the player in the dash so if you want it it is there waiting for you. As running cables as i said is the hardest bit.