Hi, everyone... I got my unit, and am ready to replace my existing (stock) system to accomodate it. I'm looking for recommendation on the equipment I can use:

Here are the details: This is going in a 98 Pontiac Sunfire GT. The current head unit is a 1-1/2 height CD player, so I'll need to get a mounting kit in order to fit it in flush with the interior of my car. I assume I'll also need to get an adaptor so I can plug the power/antenna wires into the car. These parts AFAIK are pretty much all the same--get the cheapest one.

Speakers: The stock holes fit 6x9's in the rear (above the trunk) and (I think) 4x6's in the front on the doors. I'm not sure how to find out whether these are 4x6's or round 4" without butchering the interior of the door. Is there a web site that lists specs for stock systems on different cars?

I am looking into getting a pair of Crystal CXe 464's for the front and Crystal CXe 693's for the rear. The only thing is, they are quite expensive. An alternative would be Blaupunkt (PCxg462 and PCxg693). These would save me $110 but I'm not sure how much sound quality or power I would be sacrificing. Can anyone recommend speakers (around 50W rms for fronts, 100W rms for rears) for use with the stock holes in my car?

Amp: I need a 4-channel amp that can drive the above setup, and also work nicely with the empeg unit. Looking at the Audio Art 140.4XE (35Wx4), but I am admittedly clueless to the world of amps. I'd like to know what the experts here recommend.

In the future I'll probably be getting myself a subwoofer or two for the trunk, so I'll probably need an external crossover + a seperate amp for the subs--but I'd like to make sure the system I get now will allow me to add this kind of setup.

A friend of mine said he doesn't recommend I fill the holes with oval speakers. He said they "suck" and I should get plates and round component speakers if they will fit. What's the verdict on these? The ovals are less expensive, but I've never listened to make a comparison.

Anything else I am forgetting?

Thanks in advance for the help!