Hi there, thx for your reply, here are some comments & new points :)

>a 12 inch but I don't recommend that because you will lose some of the crispness

That is what i always feared when i created my current boom boom box ( with those 2 12" Phyle - Harman Kadon ), but after testing several configs with my FRIENDLY supplier, i found out, that those subs are as crispy as one hard 10", just MORE pressure :)
I really hate this soft boom boom sound coming out of those paper membrane 20+ inch subs ...

>your writings tend towards the technical aspects of the empeg as compared to audiophile interests

Thats funny, because i AM originally seeing myself as a computer freak, trying to get in the world of sound :)

No, but as i am a programmer i do not write too many stuff in here concerning this as i learned to trust the empeg people.
I think they are very skilled and they sort things out in the correct priority, maybe not always my wishes, but reasonable wishes, but be sure if i see something weird & annoying i will also start wrinting more comments in that direction, right now my main concerns are the GUI and my personal sound setup ...

My basic definition of good car sound is:
-1- dont care too much about noise, because the engine/wind is always there ...
-2- I NEED brilliant high freqs
-3- I NEED crispy kicking basses
-4- medium freqs will be okay at any time, because 95% of all speakers are able to do a clean 1 kHz Sinus, its the rest that is difficult in terms of energy & placing of the speakers ...

Now some comments to other points:

-1- The car was'nt too expensive, as those cars are cheaper here in Germany especially near Ingolstadt, where i travelled to buy it, and i got a 2 year old, not a NEW, for me it is shiny and new of course, as my last car was 11 years old when i bought it :) :)
( I LUV this car and i can recommend it to everyone, its a brilliant combination of beeing elegant AND sportive AND a convertible, wich still is usable as a family car because of its 4 seats and reasonable big trunk )

-2- YOU ARE RIGHT, i was amazed how bad the audio was compared to the rest of the car, but i saw the same or even worse in the other convertibles ... maybe those car manufacturers aim at older buyers ... ( who do not hear anything at all anymore :)

-3- My plan of FIRST leaving the original stuff in there was not my final target, it was the beginning, my plan is/was:
(1) Build in the empeg SOMEHOW and drive the built-in speakers with it

(2) Replace the crappy Nokia Sub with a free air 12"-15" Sub (30-35 cm) which will be located in the trunk, blowing in the cabin through the ski-bag.

If it sounds good enough then i will make a break :), otherwise i will:

(3) Replace the 4 built-in Speakers with 4" (11 cm ) MB-Quart ( nice to see that we prefer the same brand :)

Final and last options would be:

-Replacing the rear speakers with larger ones ( 6"-8" ) but i have to check, if there is enough room, and i have to think about not damaging/changing the original design too much ...

-Putting my current boom-boom Box from the VW Golf ( holding 2 Phyle 30cm Subs ) on the back seats, fixing the needed amp to the sub case, so that i get a sort of "easy to get rid of" active System ..., because 95% of all time i will be driving the car alone or with my girl friend ...

By now i tried to test a "floating" setup with temporary connections with ->
empeg, a small amp to drive the 2 front speakers, and giving line output to the rear active 3 speaker system ...
It turned out that the rear system expects something else than line level.
Whatever level i set, the sound is quit and distorted or loud and distorted, i have no idea what could be wrong ( maybe totally wrong impedance ?! )

Nils

P.S. thx for your opinion, i appreciate it ...