I just got my empeg installed in the car today, and as seems to have happened to others, the installers completely ignored the RCA leads with the floating ground connectors. Whether this is the reason for it sounding absolutely horrendous in the car is yet to be discovered, as the amp they fitted doesn't have a suitable connector to attach the little circular ground contacts to... (and it's dark now, so I can't very well go crawling around in the boot of the car with a torch when there are pubs to visit!!)

My question is, can I connect these ground contacts to the terminal block for the amp's power gnd connection? I don't want to blow anything up!! :)

I also suspect that they haven't insulated the RCA connectors at the back of the cage, and I'm definnitely not digging round the back of the dash in the dark to check that.

If I can connect the floating ground leads to the ground of the amp's power connection, then I'm going to try that tomorrow in the daylight and see if it makes any difference....

Geoff
---- -------
Reg No. 554, s/n 00064 - It's mine I tell you.... all mine :)
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB