I don't have my Empeg yet (#7445 on waitlist) but I wanted to start preparing for installation.

I have a MY '00 Porsche Boxster with a Becker CDR-220 head unit (Amp, single CD and RDS radio) and the hi-fi factory option (6 speakers, all front, with an external amp). The Becker has 4 line outs, 2 front and 2 rear. It also has a proprietary interface for a Porsche CD changer or a Sony MD changer, which lets the head unit control the changer.

So my question is: what is the best way to connect the Empeg into this system? Please bear in mind I know very little about the details (but am keen to learn - so please elucidate me!)

It seems that there are three options:

Option 1: Replace the CDR220 completely with the Empeg. Presumably the Empeg audio out will then connect directly into the external amp? Downside: although there is an RDS radio on the Empeg, I lose the CD player.

Option 2: Connect the Empeg to the external amp, and the CDR220 as an input to the Empeg. This seems to be straightforward, though I'd like validation that the inputs / outputs will be the right signal strength / voltage.

Option 3: Connect the Empeg as an external input to the CDR220 (i.e. as if it were a minidisc player or CD changer etc.). Problem is, I'm not sure how the CDR220 accepts aux inputs, the connector is labelled only as C-pins 7-20 = Special Connector for Porsche CD changer / Sony MD changer.

Seems that option 2 might be the simplest, option 1 is the worst, but advice, please? Any advantages to option 3? Any problems you can see with any of these? Any other options?

Can the antenna input be split to both the MP3 and the CDR220, or must I use one radio only? Which is likely to be best - probably the CDR220 because of its programmable station buttons.

I'd appreciate any advice, either by e-mail or posting to this board - thanks!