I don't think it is fair to say that anyone was "robbed." It is just Capitalism* at work plain and simple. "What ever the market will bear..."

In reply to:

*Capitalism--the social system based on individual rights--says that one may obtain property from others in only one way: by their voluntary consent. By banning the initiation of physical force capitalism leaves only one way for men to deal with each other: through the peaceful means of persuasion, by appealing to another's self-interest. This form of dealing with others is the highest form of voluntary social cooperation, and is known as trade. Trade means the voluntary exchange of values between two parties, toward their own mutual benefit. Voluntary means that no force is initiated by either party; that both parties enter the trade of their own free-will, with no guns, no knives, or no fists pointed at their heads, hearts, or backs. Mutual benefit means that both parties enter the trade of their own free-will, since they think they both think they will be better off by trading then if they didn't.

(actually, the above is not in reply to but from Capitalism.org)

I guess I don't feel bad if people are willing to pay the $499 for the units regardless of what others paid for it.

Please don't get me wrong, I want to see the empeg community as large as possible. I'd much rather see as many people get a players in thier hands rather than having them horded by a few people (or worse yet sitting in SB warehouses). But I bear no ill will to anyone who is able to get even $1299 for their 10G players because we sure had to struggle to when I was with SB....

my $0.02,
Tim