Flying an RC Helicopter is no easy task. Imagine this. Hold a pane of glass in both hands and hold it level. Have someone place a marble in the center. Now try to keep the marble in the center by tilting the glass. That's pretty much what it's like to fly an RC Helicopter.

Beofre I purchased mine I purchased Realflight G2 flight simulator. It has a bunch of helicopters for you to learn on and comes with a joystick that is actually a futaba radio controller converted to a serial joystick. Once I was proficiant at the simulator I purchased my real heli. From day one I was able to hover and slowly fly it around. After a couple weekends I was flying fast forward flight without a problem. I highly recommend a simulator unless you are willing to crash your real heli numerous times. Check out http://www.realflight.com.

I have the ECO-8 and I love it. Mine is tricked out with nearly every mod known to man. Aluminum and Carbon Fiber everything, not to mention the must have brushless motor setup. Electric heli's have come along way and can easily stand up to most gas helicopters. Best part is they are quiet, clean and easy to maintain. I even fly mine in my front yard.

Oh, and this goes without saying.. BE CAREFUL AND FLY SMART. RC Helicopters can quickly become a deadly weapon. Imagine a carbon fiber blade traveling at over 300 MPH. OUCH!