I've had the controls (front and remote) lock up solid at home, but never in the car. So I don't know if I would have had the other power-up problems as well. It's only ever happened once. (2.0b7 without hijack or other mods)

When I pulled the AC power and plugged it back in, all was fine. I can't remember how long I continued to use the player after that though...

When this happened the player was a bit hotter than it normally gets. I had it sitting on top of a cd jewel case which isn't the best thing because it insulates the bottom too well.

Today when I pulled it out of my car it was much hotter than I had ever felt it. The top of the sled (which touches my Clarion as well) was hot enough that I couldn't keep my fingers on it for long. It cooled enough after a few seconds though. I had the heater cranked to full for a long time and I had also gone through an extremely hot car wash this morning (it heated up the interior of the car like an oven And still with all this heat and at least 1 hour of playing, it didn't have any problems.

Bruno