I know a guy that has thousand pound springs and AGX shocks at the stiffest setting. You can jump up and down on on the shock tower and the car might as well be granite.

And he's probably convinced that he has a great-handling car.

Reminds me of a 3-series BMW I saw on a freeway somewhere in the midwest. He had it so tricked out... extra wide wheels, tires that looked like they were about 30-series, ultra-stiff suspension, heavily tinted windows, gold-plated trim, lowered probably two or three inches. He was driving that car as fast as he could make it go -- and Dodge Neons, mini-vans, and at least one Taurus Station Wagon passed him like he was a chicane in the middle of the road. Which he pretty much was.

He had that car so bound up that every bump and expansion strip he hit sent it darting half a lane on one direction or another. Maybe on a perfectly smooth autocross course the car would be a real screamer. But as a usable, drivable car it was worthless. In any real-world situation an absolutely stock 3-series driven by the proverbial little old lady would have blown him away.

There is much more to handling than ultimate lateral-G loadings on a skid pad and lack of body-roll in a left-right-left transition!

tanstaafl.