"This has been discussed, I don't know where it's at currently. the empeg team implemented it so that it would ramp up from a cold boot. the discussion was that it should always ramp up. ie. out of pause, out of standby, etc. "

Yes, i think it should ramp up all the time, but when ramping up from cold boot, or warm boot (warm boot = when i turn my car off, but the player is still in standby then start up the car.) should be longer, and maybe a ramp up from pause be
quick. It would be cool to adjust this.

"Fixed in 2.0b7 i believe "
Yes, however, when i press the button 2 times for loudness (in 2.0b7) the loudness goes away very quick, but when i adjust the loudness, it sticks around much longer waiting for me to decide if i want to keep adjusting.

" in 2.0b7 this has changed. I think it now marks played at the end of the track "
I don't think this has been fixed because i upgraded from 1.03 to 2.0b7. It would be nice if i could tell how the database is being effected using last played, last skipped, etc.

It looks to me like the played is registering value+1 after only 5 seconds of play. Nothing seems to be working in the "stats" area of the database.