"We have total control over our formats and the music/news/information that we air. Nobody tells us what to play or when to play it. If Clear Channel radio stations in your area have "ruined radio" it is not due to any policies implemented by Clear Channel Communications! "

I did not mean to single out any one corporation in particular. my original comments were directed to big business in general. While I respect your comments I still disagree. When big business moved in, the smaller local flavors were snuffed out.

"That is not to say that we do not program in such a fashion as to give us the greatest possible market share of listeners on each of the stations, and in fact each of the four stations is dominant in its demographic group. "

Fine with me. If I owned a radio station I would not want anyone telling me what to play. However, I am willing to bet that the stations in the market you mention once played a wider variety of songs before they were bought out. Just a guess, I have no way of knowing.. but thats the way it went here in the Dallas market. In my humble opinion.

I can tell you that the playlist of my favorite station here has changed. They post it on their website for all to see. Its not like it was in the good ol days.

"Perhaps if we did not have the pressure from "corporate" to produce maximum revenue, the programming would be different, but I doubt it. A radio station is a business, and as with any business the reason for existance is to make a profit. We don't arrange our programming to suit what any employee (or corporate big-wig) wants to hear; rather it is our best determination of what the majority of listeners want to hear. And if the majority of people are happy with what we play, then we must be doing something right. "

Every company is out to make a proffit. It just sucks that sometimes some values are compromised for the all mighty dollar. Programming is for the masses and not for me anymore. Maybe I am just a minority now