Argh! I just got my 10GB empeg and have been playing around with it for about 30 mins. The 'bottom' key tends to stick if I hold it down for more than a split second. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix? I don't want to send it back to SB quite yet. Does the problem fix itself as the button gets worn in?

I've updated the player already to the new beta7 software + beta7 consumer firmware/flash.

Overall I like what I see with the player so far. One thing I haven't figured out is how to browse through the collection (e.g., navigate by Artist -> Album -> Song. This is the structure of my hdd mp3 collection). Is this possible or are you suppose to just use the playlist feature? ...I probably need to fiddle with emplode some to figure this out.

-Mark

EDIT: OK...fiddled around with emplode a bit more. Now I understand how playlists work, kinda. It's going to take some time figuring this thing out. From the posts, it seems like people love having something like emplode to manage their music rather than managing it themselves via a directory structure.

Edited by mdinh (08/01/2002 00:07)