Up until now I have never had any problem with my MKII.

I just installed the latest version software to my PC and player, 2.0 beta 7 with no problems.

Yesterday while driving home from work, a song came on that I particularly like so I turned the volume up. When the next song came on it just so happened that it was recorded with a higher volume level. It was loud enough that I wanted to turn it down. When I spun the volume knob it turned and felt fine, but no response. I tried to push the buttons to at least pause the player but again, nothing. None of the buttons worked.

I then tried the remote but still no response from my player. The music was pretty loud so I finally resorted to pulling the unit from my dash in mid-play. When I plugged it back in, it seemed fine. I have full control again.

Only now I notice that there is a random pixel that blinks on my screen when in text mode, I dont seem to notice it when playing visuals.. and also the 'Plays' counter does not seem to incriment anymore. I did not notice if it incrimented after I installed beta 7 since it was less than one day that I installed it.

Any ideas?