Have you ever felt that, when you begin to do something you really enjoy in the context of your job duties , and it looses "it"?

I have to agree, that much to my disgust I discovered this with electronics and computing back in '79. I've been paying for that mistake ever since.

I've just discovered the most annoying computer task ever: editing my ID Tags.

There's no gain without pain ... Seriously, although this can be seen as dogwork, it is possibly the most important aspect of using your empeg. It becomes onerous if you do it after the fact; if you just take a little longer to set up your rips properly before you start each one, it becomes easier. The tags, in the end, determine how you access your music at a later stage in the game, so more effort now means more enjoyment later on. Also - bear in mind that you have just got the empeg, you're probably gasping to get as many CDs onto it as possible as rapidly as you can, so you're facing a steep mountain face of work as a result.

Use the experience of your profession - take your time and enjoy the pleasure of appreciating getting the job done a little more slowly; you'll enjoy the quality of it more. Don't forget, it's not a race - this is an absorbing hobby with rich rewards, and I for one plan on having my empegs running for the next 10 years at least. That's time enough to fill up the disk slowly
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015