Ever since I got my EMPEG I've been possessed with ideas on how to upgrade it, consequently I'd like to share a few with people who actually care (since you have EMPEGs).

* I've heard a lot of developers complain that the EMPEG has little memory for user space progams and it does not have any swap space because of the problem of mounting hard drives read/write and becoming corrupted if power is lost unexpectedly. Here's a possible solution: A compactflash card with a CF->IDE converter. This could give the player a good bit of swap space for user space programs with no problems mounting r/w. Any comments on how useful this could be?

* What is that little tab on the back that says "Security"? It would be nice if there were a way to lock the empeg in the car mount, anyone know of a way to do this maybe using the security tab?

* Is there any GPS software out to just give some simple stats like Lat/Long and maybe your average speed or something like that for the EMPEG? I have yet to find any myself.